This feature functions in different ways depending on the user type. The Admins and Supervisors are able to view the Timesheets of employees and in addition, they can enter his/her timesheet details. However, a normal ESS User can only enter his Timesheet details.
Note: Timesheets can be displayed based on Weekly or Bi-Weekly. This can be configured from the back end.
Step 1 - Select Time > Timesheets > My Timesheets. My Timesheet screen will appear.
Step 2 - By default, the screen will show the Timesheet for the current week. Click Edit to fill the timesheet.
Optional - Click ‘Copy Activities’ to copy activities from a previous week to the current. You can simply select the week you want to copy from and copy to the current week.
Note - This improves employee efficiency in data entry when the people work on long term projects and activities.
Step 3 – Click ‘Add Row’ button.
Step 4 – In the new row added, select the project and activity you want to log the time for.
Only the active projects and related activities will be available in the drop down to select.
Alternatively, you can select a common activity that stands alone without a project, to log time. Logged time would be tracked under the common activity but not under any project.
You can also select a project of your preference, in front of the common activity. Then that time would be logged to the project selected under the common activity selected.
Refer to the article below for more information on How to Add Common activities
Step 5 – Add the time spent on each activity under each day in hours. 90 minutes should be entered as 1.5. Repeat steps 3 – 5 until you enter all data required.
Step 6 - Click Save.
- You can’t create Timesheets for future weeks.
- to change between different weeks, click to/from dates on top and select the week you want to change to.
- Top right corner will display the status of the Timesheet. Non working days such as holidays and weekends as well as the days the employee on leave will be displayed in grey.
- While filling time sheets, you can add a comment by clicking icon.
- To remove a row, select it by clicking the check box to the left of the row and click Delete row.
- Click Submit button once you fill the Timesheet for the week. Notifications can be set and subscribed for Approval, Rejection and Submission of Timesheets. Reminder notifications for those actions can also be set and subscribed
Watch Video - Fill Timesheets
Watch Video - Timesheet Notifications