This feature allows the Admin to import data from a CSV file. In order to import data, select PIM> Configuration> Data Import from the Main Menu. The data Import Screen will appear as below.
The following guidelines are stated for a smooth flow of data import:
- Column order should not be changed: the column format of the CSV file should be the same as the “Sample CSV File”. Click on Sample CSV File: “Download” to view the column format.
- First Name and Last Name are compulsory
- All date fields should be in the YYYY-MM-DD format: if you have configured the date format under “Localization” the date will then be converted from YYYY-MM-DD to the localized date format.
- If gender is specified, the value should be either male or female
- Each import file should be configured for 100 records or less – a maximum of 100 records can be imported.
- Multiple import files may be required: you may carry out multiple imports but a maximum of 100 records or less per data import.
- Sample CSV File: “Download” - to view the column format.
To import data, select the file by clicking on “Browse” and select the CSV file you want to upload. Click “Upload” once you have selected the file. The data will then be populated on the “Employee List” screen.
Note:- This feature is only supported up to version 6.4.9