The employee profile holds all the information about the employee. This employee information is used in other modules when required. Therefore it is very important to have the employee profile as complete as possible for a smooth operation.
The Employee Profile, in the PIM module, is where an employee's data can be viewed, edited, and stored. An employee's profile can be accessed via the Employee List in the PIM module.
To go to an employee's profile, you need to navigate to PIM > Employee List and then you can search for the employee's name from the search bar.
By selecting the employee's name, the system navigates to the employee's profile. You can change to another employee's profile without going back to the Employee List. Click the switch Employee button and type the name of the employee you want to change to. You can click the employee display image to change the display image.
The Employee Profile is divided into four very important tabs,
- Personal Details
The Personal Details tab contains all of an employee's personal information and data. This is an incredibly important page as the data contained in this page is used for other key modules throughout the OrangeHRM system. It is crucial that this page is filled in completely and accurately as possible.
The Job tab contains all employees' job information and data. This is an incredibly important page as the data contained in this page is used for other key modules throughout the OrangeHRM system. It is crucial that this page is filled in completely and accurately as possible. In the Job section based on the accessibility that the HR admin has given for you, it is possible to update the employee details, view or add job history records and upload any attachments.
Contract details can be added and attached to an employee's profile via the "Include Contract Details" checkbox field in the Job tab.
- Employee Termination and reactivation
It is possible to terminate an employee by clicking the "Terminate Employment". If a user wants to reactivate an employee who has been terminated, by clicking the "Activate Employment" the terminated employee will be an active employee in the system.
- Snapshot of Job records
Under the job section, you can generate a snapshot report to capture a previous year's job details as shown in the image below. Should you wish to verify an employee's employment for a specific date in the past, you may do so by selecting that date and then checking the job information for that date.
Once you have visualized the employee's previous record details through the Snapshot feature, you can exit from that window by simply clicking on the snapshot exit icon shown below.
- Job history and add history records
All updates, modifications, and transactions that have been made to an employee's information is tracked and can be viewed via the Job History section in the Job tab:
It is possible to edit the job history records and if you wanted to new job records you can click the "Add job history" icon and add the job history records by selecting the effective date and the field that needs to be changed.
- Upload attachments
If you are required to upload any job-related attachments, you can go to the attachments section and upload the documents.
- View Audit Log
If you wanted to view the changes to the job section you may select the "Audit Log" to view the changes to the employee job section.
The Salary tab contains all of an employee's salary information and data. In the Salary section based on the accessibility that the HR admin has given for you, it is possible to update the employee salary details, view or add Salary history records, view audit logs and upload any attachments.
Salary earnings and deductions can be enabled and recorded for each respective employee profile. Based on the salary earnings and deductions that are recorded, the OrangeHRM system will calculate the salary's cost to the company, total deductions, and total payable to the employee:
All updates, modifications, and transactions that have been made to an employee's information are tracked and can be viewed via the Salary History section in the Salary tab.
In the salary history section if there are any salary increments or decrements are tracked under the "Percentage change".
The More tab contains additional PIM tabs pertaining to an employee's profile. These tabs can be used to record additional important and useful employee information. Custom and default PIM tabs can be found in the More tab. The More tab contains the following default PIM tabs,
- Contact Details:
- Maintains an employee's contact information including work email.
- Work email is a very important field as it used for email notification purposes.
- Social Media Details:
- Maintains an employee's social media information and links.
- Emergency Contacts:
- Maintains an employee's emergency contact information.
- Maintains an employee's dependents information.
- It is important to complete fields in this tab if dependents' information is needed for leave requests and leave type configurations.
- Maintains an employee's passport and visa information.
- Tracks important dates (such as expiration date) and sends out notifications accordingly.
- Work Week:
- Used to configure a customized work week for a respective employee.
- Used to add and assign an employee to their respective supervisor(s) and/or subordinate(s).
- Maintains an employee's qualifications.
- Qualifications include work experience, education, skills, languages, and licenses.
- Maintains an employee's membership information.
- Tracks important dates (such as renewal date) and sends out notifications accordingly.
- Direct Deposit:
- Maintains an employee's bank account and direct deposit information.