The Employee Profile, in the PIM module, is where an employee's data can be viewed, edited, and stored. An employee's profile can be accessed via the Employee List in the PIM module.
From the Employee List, an employee's profile can be accessed by simply clicking on the respective employee's profile picture, employee ID number, or name.
Go to PIM-> Employee List
The Employee List can be searched through and filtered for specific profiles via the search bar and filter button, respectively, located at the top of the Employee List page:
Upon clicking on an employee's profile picture, employee ID number, or name, the respective employee's profile will appear as below:
The Employee Profile is divided into four very important tabs,
- Personal Details
The Personal Details tab contains all of an employee's personal information and data. This is an incredibly important page as the data contained in this page is used for other key modules throughout the OrangeHRM system. It is crucial that this page is filled in completely and accurately as possible. If the user wants to add more gender options or to keep gender as "Non-Binary", that is possible through the system.
Note: If the user wants to add an additional gender option, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Job tab contains all employee's job information and data. This is an incredibly important page as the data contained in this page is used for other key modules throughout the OrangeHRM system. It is crucial that this page is filled in completely and accurately as possible.
Contract details can be added and attached to an employee's profile via the "Include Contract Details" checkbox field in the Job tab.
It is possible to terminate an employee by clicking the "Terminate Employment"
If a user wants to reactivate an employee who has been terminated, by clicking the "Activate Employment" the terminated employee will be an active employee in the system.
All updates, modifications and transactions that have been made to an employee's information is tracked and can be viewed via the Job History section in the Job tab:
The Salary tab contains all of an employee's salary information and data.
Salary earnings and deductions can be enabled and recorded for each respective employee profile. Based on the salary earnings and deductions that are recorded, the OrangeHRM system will calculate the salary's cost to the company, total deductions and total payable to the employee:
All updates, modifications and transactions that have been made to an employee's information are tracked and can be viewed via the Salary History section in the Salary tab.
The More tab contains additional PIM tabs pertaining to an employee's profile. These tabs can be used to record additional important and useful employee information. Custom and default PIM tabs can be found in the More tab. The More tab contains the following default PIM tabs,
- Contact Details:
- Maintains an employee's contact information including work email.
- Work email is a very important field as it used for email notification purposes.
- Social Media Details:
- Maintains an employee's social media information and links.
- Emergency Contacts:
- Maintains an employee's emergency contact information.
- Maintains an employee's dependents information.
- It is important to complete fields in this tab if dependents information is needed for leave requests and leave type configurations.
- Maintains an employee's passport and visa information.
- Tracks important dates (such as expiration date) and sends out notifications accordingly.
- Work Week:
- Used to configure a customized work week for a respective employee.
- Used to add and assign an employee to their respective supervisor(s) and/or subordinate(s).
- Maintains an employee's qualifications.
- Qualifications include work experience, education, skills, languages, and licenses.
- Maintains an employee's membership information.
- Tracks important dates (such as renewal date) and sends out notifications accordingly.
- Direct Deposit:
- Maintains an employee's bank account and direct deposit information.
Each Employee Profile tab (except Social Media Details, Work Week and Direct Deposit) contains an Attachments section:
Files up to 2MB in size can be attached to each tab that contains an attachments section: