This new mobile application will replace the existing application and the purpose of this application is to enhance the capabilities along with new user experience.
The mobile application will only support the Leave module. The other module supports will be provided in the upcoming releases. Following are the features that are available in the new mobile application.
- Apply / Assign Leave
- Leave Usage
- Leave Calender
- Leave / My Leave List
Step 1 - When the user logs into the system, the Leave usage page will be the first page the user will see. Users can click on the three-bar right next to the Leave list to go to the menu list.
My Leave Usage allows you to view the information about your leave entitlements and the usage of each leave type for the current year.
There are two options as entitlement breakdown and my leave. When the user selects a leave type and clicks on "My Leave", the app shows all leave requests with each stage related to the selected leave type. When clicking the entitlement breakdown displays the details of the added date, validity period of the leave type.
When the user selects a leave type and clicks the + icon, the app navigates the user to the apply leave screen of the selected leave type.
Step 2 - When the user clicks on the three-bar or swaps the screen from left to right, the main menu screen will be displayed. In the main menu, Leave list and Assign leave options are only available for the supervisor user role.
Apply / Assign Leave
Step 1 - If the user is a supervisor or an admin, this screen is visible for the user where leave can be assigned to employees. Following are the steps to assign leave for an employee
- Click the "Employee" field and enter the employee name and select the employee from the dropdown.
- Select the leave type
- Click the "Request Days(s)", Upon clicking, the app navigates the user to the calendar view to select the day/days. Upon clicking "Continue" user gets back to the assign screen.
- Click the "Partial Days" to select for the partial days. ( If needed. Otherwise, you can keep it as it is.)
- Click the "Comment" to add comments to the leave
- Click "Assign" to assign the leave to the selected employee
In the apply leave also has the same behavior when the user selects the "Apply Leave" from the main menu. Following screen displays and the user can apply for leave by adding the details.
Leave List/ My Leave
Step 1 - Upon logging into the system, when the user clicks the "My Leave", user can view all the leave requests have applied and the stage ( Cancelled, Scheduled, Pending Approval ... ) of each leave request. User can cancel the leave request that is there as "Pending Approval" by tapping on a leave request.
Step 2 - If the user is a Supervisor or an admin, more than one leave requests can be approved at once. Users can hold down for a sec to choose leave requests (one or more). Upon selecting, the following actions can be performed
- When the user chooses the thumbs up icon, a popup message will be displayed “Confirmation Required Do you want to approve the Leave Request(s)”
- The user can choose to approve all or cancel the action.
- When the user chooses the thumbs down icon, a popup message will be displayed “Confirmation Required Do you want to reject the Leave Request(s)”
If the user is a Supervisor or an admin, and when you choose a leave request in the list, this page is displayed where the user can approve or reject the leave request.
Step 3 - When the user selects “Leave Days” from the “Leave Request Details” as described above if there are multiple days of leave, the date range is shown here with the status of each day. If an employee has applied for multiple days of leave and the supervisor has only approved some of the leave requests, from this screen it is possible to see the status of each date.
Step 4 - When the user selects “Others on Leave” from the “Leave Request Details” as described above, the list of leave requests applied by other employees during the same leave period of the selected employee will be listed down. This is very helpful in deciding whether to approve or reject a leave request based on resource availability.
Step 1 - When the user selects “Leave Calendar ” from the main menu, the app navigates the user to the leave calendar. Leave Calendar allows the user to view who is on leave for the selected date. The availability of information visibility depends according to the user role.
- As a supervisor with having access to view, their employees leave requests with the leave type and
- An employee can only see the leave types of their own leave requests and other's leave requests are shown but leave types are hidden.
Step 2 - When the user clicks on a date that defined as a "Holiday", the app shows the selected date as a holiday in the below section of the calendar screen. Upon clicking the field, the holiday screen gets displayed where the user can view the name of the particular holiday, the country and the locations that are affected.
Step 3 - When the user clicks on a date that defined as a "Weekend", the app shows the selected date as a weekend in the below section of the calendar screen. Upon clicking the field, the weekend screen gets displayed where the user can view the details of the weekend and the countries that are affected.