This new mobile application will replace the existing application and the purpose of this application is to enhance the capabilities along with the new user experience.
The following are the features that are available in the leave module.
- Assign Leave
- Check Leave Usage
- Check Leave Calendar
- View Leave List and perform actions over leave requests
User Level Accessibility for the Modules
- Above Modules Admin, the Supervisor user role has access to all the modules.
You can check your leave balances for each and every leave type by navigating Select Menu-> My Leave Usage
My Leave Usage allows you to view the information about your leave entitlements and the usage of each leave type for the current year.
There are two options entitlement breakdown and my leave. When the user selects a leave type and clicks on "My Leave", the app shows all leave requests with each stage related to the selected leave type. When clicking the entitlement breakdown displays the details of the added date and validity period of the leave type.
When the user selects a leave type and clicks the + icon, the app navigates the user to the apply leave screen of the selected leave type.
When the user clicks on the three-bar or swaps the screen from left to right, the main menu screen gets displayed.
If the user is an admin or a supervisor, this screen is visible to assign leave on behalf of the employees. Following are the steps to assign leave for an employee. Select Menu-> Assign Leave
- Click the "Employee" field and enter the employee name and select the employee from the dropdown.
- Select the leave type.
- Click the "Request Days(s)", Upon clicking, the app navigates the user to the calendar view to select the day/days. Upon clicking "Continue" the user gets back to the assigned screen.
- Click the "Partial Days" to select the partial days. ( If needed. Otherwise, you can keep it as it is.)
- Click the "Comment" to add comments to the leave.
- Click "Assign" to assign the leave to the selected employee.
Apply for Leave
The apply leave also has the same behavior when the user selects "Apply Leave" from the main menu. The following screen displays and the user can apply for leave by adding the details.
Select Menu-> Apply Leave
Upon logging into the system, when the user clicks "My Leave", the user can view all the leave requests that have been applied and the stage ( Cancelled, Scheduled, Pending Approval ... ) of each leave request. Users can cancel the leave request that is there as "Pending Approval" by tapping on a leave request.
Also, users can view the others on leave, Leave Days or add comments for their leave requests.
Select Menu-> My Leave
By Selecting the "Leave List", the admin and supervisor users can view all the leave requests sent from their employees. Users can perform actions for multiple leave requests at once.
More than one leave request can be approved or rejected at once. Users can hold down for a sec to choose leave requests (one or more). Upon selecting, the following actions can be performed.
Select Menu-> Leave List
- When the user chooses the thumbs-up icon, a popup message will be displayed “Confirmation Required Do you want to approve the Leave Request(s)”.
- The user can choose to approve all or cancel the action.
- When the user chooses the thumbs-down icon, a popup message will be displayed “Confirmation Required Do you want to reject the Leave Request(s)”.
By selecting a leave request in the list, below page is displayed where the user can approve or reject the leave request by going to the detailed view of that particular leave type.
When the user selects “Leave Days” from the “Leave Request Details” as described above if there are multiple days of leave, the date range is shown here with the status of each day. If an employee has applied for multiple days of leave and the supervisor has only approved some of the leave requests, from this screen it is possible to see the status of each date.
When the user selects “Others on Leave” from the “Leave Request Details” as described above, the list of leave requests applied by other employees during the same leave period of the selected employee will be listed. This is very helpful in deciding whether to approve or reject a leave request based on resource availability.
Filter Employee leave requests
Users can filter the employee leave requests by tapping the filter icon on the left side of the top corner. Users can filter the employees based on the date period, employee name, subunit, leave type, location, cost center, leave status, etc. Also, users can set the filters as default.
When the user selects “Leave Calendar ” from the main menu, the app navigates the user to the leave calendar. Leave Calendar allows the user to view who is on leave for the selected date. The availability of information visibility depends according to the user's role. Select Menu-> Leave Calendar
- As supervisor with having access to view, their employees' leave requests with the leave type and
- An employee can only see the leave types of their own leave requests and other's leave requests are shown but leave types are hidden.
Leave Calendar - Holiday
When the user clicks on a date that is defined as a "Holiday", the app shows the selected date as a holiday in the below section of the calendar screen. Upon clicking the field, the holiday screen gets displayed where the user can view the name of the particular holiday, the country, and the locations that are affected.
Leave Calendar - Weekend
When the user clicks on a date that is defined as a "Weekend", the app shows the selected date as a weekend in the below section of the calendar screen. Upon clicking the field, the weekend screen gets displayed where the user can view the details of the weekend and the countries that are affected.