This feature functions in different ways depending on the user type. The Admin will be able to view the timesheets of employees while a Supervisor can also do the same and in addition, can enter his timesheet details. However, a normal ESS User can only enter his timesheet details.
Note: Timesheets can be displayed based on weekly or Bi-Weekly. This can be configured from the back end.
Step 1 - Select Time>Time Sheets>My Timesheets. My timesheet screen will appear.
Step 2: Click Add Activity to add timesheet details. When you add activities, the following details are expected.
- Project Name (optional. Common activities does not have projects specified)
- *Activity Name
- *From Time (Time the work started)
- *To Time (Time the work ended)
- Comment (Optional)
Time spent on the activity entered is calculated based on From and To times.
Only the active projects and related activities will be available in the drop down to select.
Alternatively you can select a common activity that stands alone without a project, to log time. Logged time would be tracked under the common activity but not under any project.
You can also select a project of your preference, in front of the common activity and log time if the need peruse. Then that time would be logged to the project selected under the common activity selected.
Refer to the article below for more information on How to Add Common activities
Step 3 – Add the time spent on each activity under each day in hours. 90 minutes should be entered as 1.5. Repeat steps 2 – 3 until you enter all data required.
Step 3 – Click on the + Icon for each activity to add comments (optional).
Step 5 - Click Save.
- You can’t create timesheets for future weeks.
- to change between different weeks, click to/from dates on top and select the week you want to change to.
- Top right corner will display the status of the timesheet. Non working days such as holidays and weekends as well as the days the employee on leave will be displayed in grey.
- While filling time sheets, you can add a comment by clicking icon.
- To remove a row, select it by clicking the check box to the left of the row and click Delete row.
- Click Submit button once you fill the timesheet for the week. Notifications can be set and subscribed for Approval, Rejection and Submission of Timesheets. reminder notifications for those actions can also be set and subscribed
Overlapping Times in Activities
The timesheet in detail view will not allow an overlapping time period of different activities for a day. The system will display a message highlighting the overlapping period when it detects it as stated below.
Copying already selected project and activity
Clicking on the icon , the activity will get duplicated so that it is easy for entering another task that was carried out as stated below.
When the timesheet is filled for a day, the total of the time registered will be displayed as stated below.
Here is an article on the timesheet summary.
Watch Video - Timesheet Notifications