Before you begin creating appraisals, the initial step would be to set the appraisal configuration by navigating to Performance >> Configuration >> Appraisal. This is mainly divided into three sections as follows:
If the user has permission to the "Performance - Appraisal Configuration Section", they can configure the appraisals.
Please refer to the following article to understand how to set the permission
Step 1 - From the Evaluators section, there are five evaluator groups.
- The Main Evaluator
The Main Evaluator is the final rating source. By default, the "Main Evaluator" group is checked since it is mandatory to have a final rating source for an appraisal. If a review is between an employee and a supervisor, if the supervisor is the person who decides the final rating, then the "Main Evaluator" is Supervisor. Upon setting up the evaluator groups you can save the process.
Step 2 - From the Questions section, the user can create questions and assign to the employees by specifying their job titles and also defining the evaluator groups.
Once an appraisal is created (either through the appraisal cycle or through the Add Appraisal feature) the particular question specified during the appraisal configuration will be available only for the employees with the specified job titles and evaluator groups.
For the above example, the question will only be available in the appraisals of the employee's with their job titles as "IT managers". It is possible to add a question only to supervisor Appraisal form which is not applicable for Self Evaluator.
From the appraisal template section, the user can create appraisal templates and maintain all the appraisals in a separate tab. This section facilitates the creation, editing and copying of templates in addition to allowing editing of the appraisal ‘Form Design’.
Step 3 - From the Template section, the user can create appraisal templates by clicking the "Add Appraisal Template" button. Upon clicking, the following screen is displayed:
Step 4 - Complete the form fields and save the process.
After the appraisal creation is completed, the following features are available for the user to perform.
- Copy an existing template to create a new template with a different name by clicking the "Copy Template" icon.
- Edit templates by clicking the "Edit" icon.
- Modify the weight given to the appraisal by clicking the "Form Design" icon. The user can add sections by navigating to the Form design of that particular appraisal and by clicking the add button.
- The user can create sections for Competency, Goals or Questions by assigning weight for each and saving it.
- Users can create sections by clicking the "Add" icon. The following screen is displayed.
- The user can edit created sections by clicking the edit option and saving the process. By default, the "Load competencies, Goals, Questions" field is disabled and "Total Weight" for all the sections is set to "100.0"
- Competency section Weight: 50
- Goals section Weight: 50
- When editing the section, based on the competency mapping that has added, upon selecting the "Mapping" it will automatically get retrieved dynamically. If you want to have a static way of doing it, you can simply change it to custom and add the weight from the template itself.
- Upon clicking "Save" when adding or copying, the system creates the new appraisal and loads its Form Design screen.
- It is possible to select and delete one or multiple templates but at least one template should remain in the system. For this reason, it is not possible to delete all the templates or if the user is attempting to delete the last template, a warning message is displayed.