Before you start creating appraisals initial step would be to set the appraisal configuration by navigating from Performance >> Configuration >> Appraisal. This is mainly divided into three sections such as,
If the user has permission to the "Performance - Appraisal Configuration Section", they can configure the appraisals.
Refer the following article to understand how to set the permission
Step 1 - From the Evaluators section, there are five evaluator groups.
- The Main Evaluator
The Main Evaluator is the final rating source. By default, the "Main Evaluator" group is checked since it is mandatory to have a final rating source for an appraisal. If a review is between an employee and a supervisor, if the supervisor is the person who decides the final rating, then the "Main Evaluator" is Supervisor. Upon setting up the evaluator groups you can save the process.
Step 2 - From the Questions section, the user can create questions and assign to the employees by specifying their job titles. Also, the evaluator groups.
Once an appraisal is created (either through appraisal cycle or through Add Appraisal feature) that particular question will be available only for the employees with specified job titles and the evaluator groups.
For the above example, the question will be only available in the appraisals of the employee's with their job titles as "IT managers". It is possible to add a question only to supervisor Appraisal form which is not applicable for Self Evaluator.
From the appraisal template section, it gives the options to create appraisal templates and maintains all the appraisals in a separate tab with giving such capabilities as creating templates, editing templates, copying templates and edit "Form Section".
Step 3 - From the Template section, user can create appraisal templates by clicking the "Add Appraisal Template" button and save the process. Upon clicking, following screen displays.
Step 4 - Fill the form and save the process.
After the appraisal creation is completed, the following features are available for the user to perform over appraisal.
- Copy an existing template to create a new template with a different name by clicking the "Copy Template" icon.
- Edit templates by clicking the "Edit" icon.
- Modify the weightage given to the appraisal by clicking the "Form Design". User can add sections by navigating to the Form design of that particular appraisal by clicking the add button.
- User can create sections for Competency, goals or Question by giving weightage for each and save it.
- User can edit created sections by clicking the edit option and save the process. By default, the "Load competencies, Goals, Questions" fields disabled and "Total Wight" for all the sections are set to "100.0"
- Competency section Weight: 50
- Goals section Weight: 50
- These weights are configured from the back-end for each section
- Upon clicking "Save" when adding or copying system creates the new appraisal and loads its Form Design screen.
- It is possible to select and delete one or multiple templates.
At least one template should exists in the system. Therefore, the system makes sure that it is not possible to delete all the templates or the last template, by providing a warning message.