In order to prevent data from being mistakenly overridden or entered, performance appraisals are automatically locked based on certain actions and situations.
Please see below for a list of actions and situations that can lock a performance appraisal:
- If the user is redirected to an error page, upon submitting an appraisal, due to their internet connection becoming unavailable or interrupted.
- Browser crashes while the user is on the Appraisal page.
- Computer shuts down while the user is on the Appraisal page.
- If a user tries to open an appraisal review that is currently open, and in edit mode, by a different user that has the ability to edit reviews - the appraisal will become locked.
- Example: Admin user opens an employee's self-review in edit mode. While the employee's self-review is open, if the employee tries to open their self-review - the appraisal will become locked.
- The appraisal review is opened by a user in one tab and if the same user tries to open the same review in a new tab, the appraisal will become locked.
Note: Performance appraisals should be automatically unlocked after 5 minutes. If appraisals are still locked after 5 minutes, please contact us at email@example.com. ( if possible take a screenshot of the screen and share it to avoid any confusion)