The following article demonstrates how to set up geocoding for the Attendance module to leverage location and selfie capturing using the mobile app when you've purchased the Google API keys.
Once you have gone through the above items you can get the Geolocation API key and the API URL.
Database level setup
- How to enable Selfie Capturing :
Run below SQL query on the database
UPDATE `ohrm_config` SET `value` = 'Yes' WHERE `ohrm_config`.`property` = 'attendance.is_selfie_mandatory';
- How to enable location tracking:
Run below sql query on the database
UPDATE `ohrm_config` SET `value` = 'Yes' WHERE `ohrm_config`.`property` = 'attendance.is_geo_location_mandatory';
Following are the steps to Configure Google API Key in the system.
- Log in as the sysadmin.
- Goto Admin -> Management Tools -> Executable Tasks
- Select “Update Geolocation configurations”
- Geolocation API Key - “API Key”
- Geolocation API URL - “API URL”, Sample - https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=
Refer to the following articles on how the feature works.
How to use OrangeHRM Attendance Module [ ESS ]