HELP access from Enterprise or Professional Version
There are 3 Ways to access the OrangeHRM Help Portal
1. By clicking on the Help icon on the OrangeHRM system screen.
2. By logging onto www.help.orangehrm.com from your web browser
3. Using your OrangeHRM Advanced mobile application.
In order to provide you the best user experience with the OrangeHRM, we have synchronized the articles in the help portal along with the system screens. Clicking on the help icon at any screen in the system will take you to the relevant article of the help portal that you were in the system screen.
Ex; Assume you are in the Leave Assign screen and you want to know how you can assign leave to an employee in the system.
When you click on ‘Help’ and you will be taken into the relevant article that will help you to get the necessary help you need to complete the task. the task accomplished.
OrangeHRM HELP - Home
- Access below URL to go to the Home of OrangeHRM HELP.
The content is categorized based on the below criteria.
- Admin Handbook
- Employee Handbook
- User Guides
- System Features (New features introduced with new versions)
- API Documentation
- Mobile Application
- Announcements (Latest News)
The content inside the above categories is structured based on OrangeHRM Modules or Sub Menu Options. This is for easy identification and navigation.
- You may click the title to navigate to the article.
Announcements and Promoted Articles
- Click on Announcements to see the latest NEWS from OrangeHRM. This would be updated periodically.
Ex: OrangeHRM Launched ‘HELP’
- Click to check up on the promoted articles. The best highlights from the latest release may be listed below promoted articles so you will not miss out on them.
Ex: Track history of additional job-related information (custom fields), Leave calendar view is now highly configurable are few highlights of 6.4.6 release
- You can use the search bar to search for an article or a video. As you start typing, you can see the autosuggestions.
- The topics are tagged to easily identify what type of article it is. For example, to find a video explaining how to apply leave, you can use the tag ‘video’ in your search. “Apply leave video”
- Even in the general search, you can easily find an article with a video by the Tag as shown below.
- To search for features of a release you can just type the version number and search.
Ex: You can enter version ‘6.4’ and search for features in that release. You will see the below results.
ArticlesArticles in most of the admin or ESS handbooks will contain the relevant videos on top of the article, the user can either read the article or use the video to get assistance in the task.
Wherever applicable the articles will provide links to other articles that will further explain the feature or provide additional information.
- Click on it to see how to manage the next step.
For example, the apply leave article will give a link to the article explaining the email subscription.
When a new feature is introduced, it will be published in the System Features section in the dashboard. There will be a brief description given in the existing article if the new feature is an improvement to an existing function.
- Click on the hyperlink to navigate to the detailed article.
For example, leave nominee feature is briefly explained in the leave apply article with a link to the full article in the System Features category.
Navigation throughout the system was made easy by several navigation features. The Top left corner of the article has the breadcrumb navigation with the link to the section and category the article in.
- Click the name, to see a list of the article in the category/section.
- Additionally, to move to the other articles in the section click on the articles listed to the left as above.
- You can see the recently viewed articles below every article content, allowing you to easily look at the previous articles you have read.
- Also, click on the related articles to navigate to articles relative to current viewing.
Feedback on Content
- Click on the Yes/No options available to provide feedback on the content of the article.